Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 5, 2011

36 Weeks and Counting

One more day and I am officially considered full term! Finally, these last few weeks have drug on and I thought I would never get here. Over the last few days my Braxton hick’s contractions have gotten more regular and intense.  I keep wondering is this the real thing? Everything I read and everyone I talk to says you will know.  I am starting to wonder if I will really know.  Take for example yesterday.. I woke up feeling strange and crampy.  I went about my day, got dressed went to work, came home made dinner, went to the store (I figured if this was the beginning of labor it would last a while).  Right before sitting down to eat dinner, my back started aching (I have not had any back pain thus far) and my "cramping" got so bad I had to sit down.  Jason pulled out the timer and I had 2 back to back contractions that were 5 minutes apart lasting around 30 sec each, I was nervous and could not stop thinking should I call my doctor, should I grab my bag and head to the hospital?  Instead I went and took a hot bath and the contractions stopped. I guess my body is preparing me for the real deal, but how will I know.  I really do not want to wait so long that I end up with a baby in my pants (Best episode ever of "I didn’t know I was Pregnant".)

Last week at my doctor’s visit I brought up the discussion of maternity leave again, and she told me to make it one more week then we will evaluate my swelling and pain and most likely we will start maternity leave early. Since I could not get a doctor’s appointment on Friday I have to wait till Monday but I am hoping Tuesday will be my last day of work till the New Year.


Here are my belly pics from week 36.  I am not sure there is any more room to grow.  I might tip over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment