Total Pageviews

Monday, November 28, 2011

a little Fuller was born

It all started Monday at my doctors office, I went in for my 39 week appointment feeling like I was in labor.  Apparently I was just out of room.  I could not take it any more! After speaking with my doctor about the different options we decided to induce on Wednesday if he was not born Monday or Tuesday.  I was so excited I could hardly contain myself.  I immediately went home and started to get ready for his birth.  Monday and Tuesday drug on like there was no tomorrow, and after not being able to sleep Tuesday night 5:00am on Wednesday morning finally arrived.  I nervously and frantically packed the car and Jason and I headed to the hospital. 
                                                             (Last belly picture before birth)

They got the pitocin going around 7:00am.  The contractions slowly started but could barley be felt.  At 10:05am my doctor paid me a visit and broke my water.  Almost immediately my contractions went from a 1 on the pain scale to an 8.  I only lasted till 12:30 before I was demanding an epidural.  Once the epidural was administered it was smooth sailing.  I didn't feel a thing and was dilating right on schedule.  Cohen was positions "sunny side up" (the wrong way) so they kept moving me back and forth to different positions to try to get him to move.  The unfortunate part is you cant tell if he is in the correct position until the pushing begins -(sometimes even in this position they can still be delivered as long as they will fit through the birth canal).  Finally after what felt like an eternity we were ready to begin delivering Cohen.  At about 7:00pm they turned off my epidural so I could feel when I was pushing, the epidural medicine normally takes a while to wear off and they said they could turn it back on if needed.  So at 7:30 everyone left the room but my mom and Jason and we were ready to meet Cohen.  I pushed for over an hour and was begging for my epidural to be turned back on- it felt as if I was being murdered.  I have never felt so much pain in my life. The nurse went to look for the doctor but the other patient was delivering at the same time.  Once the doctor finally got in the room another 20min it was apparent that he did not turn and could not fit through the birth canal and I was rushed off for an emergency c-section.  I was like one of those screaming ladies you see on TV and movies.  Once in the operating room it only took a few minutes for the anesthesiologist to give me medicine to dull the  pain and the procedure began.  Cohen Jack Fuller was born at 9:20pm on Wednesday November 23, 2011. He weighed in at 7.8lbs 20 inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment