Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 32 baby scare

 It all started on Monday night while in San Antonio for work.  I got sick on the way to dinner, at dinner and after dinner. After a few hours of toughing it out I decided to call my doctor because I started to have stomach pains (not like normal cramps) they were every few minutes and lasted only a few minutes each.  The on call doctor told me it was best to go to the hospital to get checked out.  Turns out I had food poisoning or a stomach bug which caused dehydration which in turn caused contractions.  They hooked me up to several machines and monitored my contractions and Cohen for the night.  They gave me some medicine to make me stop throwing up which in turn caused me to become agitated and restless (I could not sit still (at one point I tried to leave- apparently this is a side effect).  So they gave me a pain killer to help counteract the medicine, which caused me to become sick again.  Finally after hours of being in pain and uncomfortable the pain meds kicked in and I finally fell asleep.  The doctor came in at about 7:30 and said everything was ok and as long as Cohen's heart rate was normal and I could keep down food I could go.  I was finally released at 9:30am.  After being in the labor and maternity area of the hospital for the night I think I am more scared about child birth than I was before.  At about 3:30am a lady came in ready to give birth.  She was too late for drugs and had to go all natural..... I heard things NO ONE should ever have to hear.  I do not understand how anyone forgets the pain of labor, I can not get her screaming out of my head! 

No comments:

Post a Comment